chalk on nylon mesh, wood, steel, construction rubble
10 feet x 30 feet x 35 feet
Ghost was a temporary installation that recreated the facade of the Talcott Street Congregational Church, Connecticut’s oldest free black church, whose original meeting house stood on this site from 1826 to 1906 and was the cornerstone of a thriving community. This project is not about nostalgia. Ghost functioned as a haunting presence that critiqued the unfulfilled promises of urban renewal. Ghost was intended as a catalyst for continuing critical discussion and developing action in response to those unfulfilled promises.